MWH is seeking qualified candidates for a Principal Level Manager for our Salt Lake City, Utah office. This position requires an individual with strong leadership and proven business development skills to support growth in our industrial and mining sectors. The successful candidate will be responsible for leadership of multi-discipline engineers and scientists and for setting strategies for market development in a highly dynamic market. The Salt Lake office is uniquely situated with a strong team of junior to mid-level professional with great growth potential.
Primary responsibilities under the direction of the regional manager:
1. Assisting in managing day-to-day operations with the eventual capability to manage the location
2. Diverse background in industrial and mining projects
3. Ability to determine and set strategies for business development for the office with the support of the location and regional manager
4. Understanding of contracts and various pricing structures for projects
5. Experience with negotiating contracts
6. Proven leader with large office settings and the ability to motivate people through example
7. Attention to details and strong QA/QC skills
8. Understanding of project related risks
9. Capability to develop budgets, determine project scope, establishing schedules, processing appropriate paperwork, and interacting with clients.
10. Understanding of CERCLA and RCRA process and for environmental related projects.
• Minimum of a B.S. in Civil engineering or science
• Minimum of 15 years of related work experience
• Strong technical writing and communication skills
• Professional registration (PG or PE) is required
• PMP is desirable
• Ability to develop a strong network in the local and national marketplace.
• Exceptional organizational, technical, leadership, written and oral communication and attention to detail skills.
At MWH, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top