Principal Healthcare Architect - ( 2100000J )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
As a practice builder on our professional Architecture team you will work independently to assist healthcare clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. You will cultivate client relationships and provide strategic input to Sector leadership. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Cultivate client relationships and provide strategic input to Sector leadership.
- Effectively lead and participate to win work in interviews for potential projects.
- Responsible for managing complex tasks on multiple, large scope, highly complex healthcare projects.
- Manage and grow a team of architectural staff in our San Francisco office.
- Plan, organize, and direct the work throughout the life of the project to successfully deliver the project to the client.
- Lead the client and project team to assure that the project design meets the client budget, schedule, program, and design intent.
- Negotiate and develop project agreements.
- Develop and manage project budget, schedule, and overall work plan to realize target financial performance.
- Mentor Project Managers and motivate project teams.
- Assure that Project Management Framework tasks are timely completed and properly documented.
- Lead project coordination and owner/site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
- Manage and track change orders, applications for payment by contractors and other contractual modifications impacting budget and schedule.
- Work with Operations Manager in determining project staffing needs and recommending personnel.
- Direct client invoicing and effectively manage collections.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Extensive project experience supports in the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting multiple projects as PIC or supporting other Principals.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proven success leading and developing teams and culture.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Team player with the client, entire project team and contractor.
- Excellent negotiator and communicator.
- Requires understanding of project software.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field & Registered Architect. Minimum of 15 years of experience with healthcare clients. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-San Francisco
Job : Architect
Organization : BC-2014 Buildings-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 8, 2021, 3:01:51 PM
Req ID: 2100000J
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans