Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
As a Senior Chemical Designer your role is to work independently on large projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You are responsible for developing and implementing an engineering discipline group equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations, technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform process calculations for air pollution control and compliance related projects
- Manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams on the preparation of technical reports.
- Identify appropriate resources and skill sets to achieve project/task objectives.
- Track and manage costs and schedule, and implement measures necessary to stay on schedule and within budget.
- Lead by example with active support of internal policies and practices, including risk management, project management, and quality management.
- Provide mentoring and training for future leaders, including development of succession plans for key positions
- Ensure compliance with project plan and procedures
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Advanced understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Thorough understanding of engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Lead engineering role in projects with significant capital budgets
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Provide overall technical leadership on medium to large sized projects and organizing multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Perform, review and provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) of engineering calculations, detailed design drawings and technical specifications
- Mentor junior staff on engineering design, calculations, and development of technical specifications
- Serve as technical lead, interface with clients, engage local and remote staff, and interact with permitting agencies and partnering consulting firms in the execution of engineering projects.
- Ability to develop P&IDs, drawings and specifications for process equipment and instrumentation.
- Must have a good driving record and valid Driver's License.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful passing of a physical exam and drug screening.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering or related field & may be working towards licensure. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Chemical Designer
Primary Location: United States-California-San Luis Obispo
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 180001NR
Back to top