Principal Dam Engineer - High Wycombe
Stantec UK has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Dam Engineer to join our team in High Wycombe on a permanent basis.
Primary purpose of role;
Globally, Stantec is one of the leading consultants in Environmental Services and one of the top engineering consultancies in the NCE listings. Stantec has been selected by key Clients across the UK as a strategic consultancy provider.
We have exciting opportunities for the right professional person to join our dams and hydropower team. This team delivers projects for a number of UK water utilities and private clients in the UK and overseas. We have a growing backlog of work and are seeking a principal level engineer to lead programmes of work for our clients. Our typical projects range from feasibility studies and asset inspections, remediation of existing dams and reservoirs, design of new dams for water supply and hydropower, reservoir inspections and associated studies and studies and design of hydropower projects. Our team delivers projects within the UK and overseas and the successful applicant would need to travel in this role.
Our collaborative approach ensures the projects we deliver meet our client's needs in a sustainable manner. We embrace new technologies and design with communities in mind.
• Lead projects within a framework of water industry, dam engineering and hydropower within the UK and overseas.
• Lead the delivery of dams and hydropower projects on budget and to agreed deadlines.
• Provide technical direction to project teams, including studies, design, performance monitoring for all types of dams and hydraulic structures.
• Build relationships within the industry and wider Stantec Waterpower and Dams community.
• Assist in business development, bid preparation and securing a sustainable pipeline of work.
• Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful outcomes for our clients.
• Maintain up to date technical knowledge and CPD relevant to the role.
• Provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members within the team
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
Principal Dam Engineer - High Wycombe
To be successful in thie role, you will have the following;
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
- Chartered Civil Engineer with an industry profile in the fields of dams and/or hydropower.
- A member of the Supervising or All Reservoir Panel of Engineers under the Reservoirs Act.
- Experience in dam engineering, hydraulic structures and/or hydropower.
- Outstanding skills in business development.
- Ability to manage and develop projects from a brief.
- Ability to integrate into a team and provided technical management over other members of the team.
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Computer literate with good understanding of industry design / analysis software and Microsoft Office applications. Experience in CFD applications would be an advantage.
- Understand the appropriate level of detail for different project requirements
- Ability to work well within a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and our design team - both written and oral
- Excellent client service management capability.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Civil Engineering, Design, Engineering Other
At Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that designing a great career is as important as Designing with Communities in Mind .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
Stantec UK...we're looking for opportunities.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Back to top