Principal, Community Development (Western GTA)
Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home, whether it is a residential neighborhood, an urban park, or a commercial plaza. We do this because we are part of the community too and we care about the places where we live- just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Stantec is seeking a Principal to drive the business growth and success of our Community Development/Land Development practice in Western GTA. We believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur when a company empowers its people, encourages new ideas, provides a challenge and rewards successes. Our dynamic and exciting collaborative culture will give the selected candidate the opportunity to thrive and further their career.
Are you up to the task to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the team to work together cohesively to support our goal to be the top land development consultant in the GTA, Canada, and North America?
Your Duties: As a Principal, you will work as part of a collaborative leadership team that is collectively responsible for the marketing/business development, technical excellence, and operational/financial aspects of our Community Development practice in the GTA. The primary focus of this senior position is to lead and grow our land development business in the western GTA and Hamilton.
You will also act as our client manager with various key clients in the land development sector, playing a hands-on role in project pursuits and assuring the team's successful execution and delivery of projects to local and regional clients.
- Working out of our Mississauga or Hamilton office, develop and grow Stantec's Community Development presence in the western GTA and Hamilton.
- Actively participate in the preparation of proposals and the development of fee estimates.
- Establish and further our reputation in appropriate industry associations within the western GTA and Hamilton such as the Halton and Peel Chapters of BILD, the Hamilton-Halton Home Builders' Association, and the Urban Land Institute. Ensure our visibility in these associations through attendance at functions and participation on committees.
- Build relationships with other Stantec practice areas and sectors and capitalize on new business opportunities to grow these areas in western GTA and Hamilton and provide a value add that differentiates Stantec .
- Attract, grow, and retain high quality team members. Coach, mentor, and develop the team and identify future leaders.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- A minimum of 10-15 years of professional experience in the land development marketplace in the GTA, especially in the western GTA and/or Hamilton area, and will have extensive industry contacts with developers, consultants, and contractors, allowing Stantec to significantly grow its presence in this geography.
- Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario (preferred).
- The candidate will have demonstrated leadership, communication, and people skills. This should be demonstrated through previous experience in the management of professional teams, preferably in an integrated design environment.
- Well-developed written communication skills in the preparation of proposals, correspondence with various stakeholders, and technical reports.
- Proven ability to articulate a vision for their team and create a high level of engagement with staff.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top