Principal Client Manager
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Civil Engineer to grow our Water Infrastructure and Treatment business in the Colorado Front Range/Northern Colorado region. This is a sales position foremost, but the Client Manager role would be best filled by someone in possession of a technically strong experience base. Technical acuity, high-energy, and an outward focus are keys to performing this role successfully. You will need to leverage resources and allow the management and execution to be performed by others while, at the same time, maintaining a requisite connectivity to ensure client needs are being met.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Technical - Direct responsibility for client service and development at all levels, across all services and disciplines of the client organization, leveraging company resources in areas including, but not limited to:
- Water Resources
- Water conveyance, storage, pumping, treatment, and transmission
- Wastewater collection, pumping and treatment, including residuals handling and management
- Water reuse and reclamation treatment, storage and transmission
- Capital project management including identification of funding sources
- Relationships - client ownership and relationship development; as well as maintenance and development of a broad and deep foundation of contacts, connections and relationships between client staff and Stantec resources.
- Marketing - The Client Manager will be the primary link between all clients and the Water Marketing Team - including the opportunities clients present, and the development of marketing materials for SOQs, proposals, and presentations.
- Project Execution - The Client Manager role for each project will vary depending on the client and the specific project needs, but will always include ensuring:
- Project budget, schedule and staffing needs are met
- Client satisfaction is optimized
- Engagement of technical divisions within Stantec Delivery
- Managing junior staff and developing their client relationship skills.
- Strong Colorado Front Range/Northern Colorado regional experience and relationships are important. An out-of-area candidate will need to have the energy and personal traits to hit the ground running.
- Project management experience and expertise - in depth understanding of relationships and needs between scope, schedule and budget.
- Marketing and business development training and experience is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter attitude - -someone who can take unsupervised initiative to develop client contacts and broaden client organization relationships. Basically, a "cold call" comfort is necessary.
- Optimistic perspective and comfort level in developing opportunities in technical areas outside of the Client Manager's personal experience or expertise - leveraging Stantec resources to sell the company toolbox.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities.
- Must be a team player and team builder and be actively open to opportunities for contribution by other Stantec resources.
- PM - PMP PMI standards (technical background); ability to prepare for and sit for the PMP exam.
Typical office environment working with computers. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top