Principal Client Manager
Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
Stantec, is currently seeking a Principal Water/Wastewater Client Manager- A Seller/Doer for the Bellevue, WA office.
This is a Sales position foremost but the Client Manager role would be best filled by someone in possession of a technically strong experience base. The ideal candidate will also have strong Puget Sound regional relationships. Technical acuity, strong verbal and written communication skills, energy, multi-tasking abilities and an outward focus are key to the successful performance of this role. This Client Manager will need to leverage resources and allow the management and execution to be performed by others while, at the same time, maintaining a requisite connectivity to ensure client needs are being met. The Client Manager must be a team player and team builder and be actively open to opportunities for contribution by other Stantec resources.
Technical - Direct responsibility for client service and development at all levels, across all services and disciplines of the client organization, leveraging company resources in areas including, but not limited to:
Water conveyance, storage, pumping, treatment, and transmission
Wastewater collection, pumping and treatment, including residuals handling and management
Water reuse and reclamation treatment, storage and transmission
Capital project management including identification of funding sources
Relationships - Client ownership and relationship development and maintenance and developing a broad and deep foundation of contacts, connections and relationships between client staff and Stantec resources.
Marketing - The Client Manager will be the primary link between all clients and the Water Marketing Team - including the opportunities clients present, and the development of marketing materials for SOQs, proposals, and presentations.
Project Execution - The Client Manager role for each project will vary depending on the client and the specific project needs, but will always include ensuring:
Project budget and schedule are Staffing needs are met
Client satisfaction is optimized
Engagement of technical divisions within Stantec Delivery
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- E. Certification required in state of WA.
- Pacific Northwest experience and relationships are important. An out-of-area candidate will need to have the energy and personal traits to hit the ground running.
- 15 years of diverse experience in public and municipal sectors associated with the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure projects. Focused experience whether with planning, technical design, construction, or project or program management will also be considered.
- Project management experience and expertise - in depth understanding of relationships and needs between scope, schedule and budget.
- Marketing and business development training and experience is preferred.
- Self-starter attitude - -someone who can take unsupervised initiative to develop client contacts and broaden client organization relationships. Basically, a "cold call" comfort is necessary.
- Optimistic perspective and comfort level in developing opportunities in technical areas not of the CSM's personal experience or expertise - leveraging Stantec resources to sell the company toolbox.
- PM - PMP PMI standards (technical background)
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 15
Discipline Water and Wastewater Engineering
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top