Principal Cleanwater Network Modeller
Globally Stantec sets the gold standard for the wet infrastructure sector as well as being the Number One engineering consultancy in the NCE listings. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for the company and for our offices in the South, including the following locations; High Wycombe, Falmer and Cardiff. We are now looking for the right people to join our team to help deliver a range of exciting programmes.
A chance to join a dynamic and evolving team of modellers in in the South at a number of locations , providing support across a number of projects. We are currently seeking Principal Modellers in our High Wycombe, Falmer and Cardiff offices.The role is ultimately to support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet both client and Stantec expectations. We are looking for candidates who are driven to achieve the very best for our clients, and to help build and develop strong technical teams which are motivated by continuous improvement and innovation.
• Technical expertise in clean water network hydraulic modelling (including Infoworks, and SynerGee).
• Lead, and work as part of a team being involved in a variety of projects including model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the Cleanwater Network.
• Undertake the development of modelled engineering solutions to mitigate the effects of development, to solve shortfalls with levels of service and to optimise the clean-water network for a range of requirements.
• Provide guidance and training to less experienced members within the team. Also assist junior team members with chartership progression.
• Lead the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
• Supervise site surveys and field investigations.
• Use appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients.
• Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required.
• Complete all work in line with Stantec Core Values and in accordance with Stantec Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Lead and support the team in identifying, investigating and where relevant, in delivering efficiency savings and continuous improvement ideas/initiatives.
• Work with other disciplines where necessary to ensure the effective delivery of projects and services.
Principal Cleanwater Network Modeller
To be successful in this role you will;
• Be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or other relevant subject.
• Be a Chartered member or equivalent of a relevant engineering institution e.g. ICE or CIWEM
• Have experience in the cleanwater industry and previous experience in the modelling of cleanwater networks
• Have a competent skill level in business development
• Demonstrate a full understanding of cleanwater software packages such as Synergee, Infoworks, Epanet or InfoWater
• Have a working knowledge of using GIS tools
• Have experience in the management of staff and staff development
• Be able to integrate well into a team and provide technical leadership to other modelling staff
• Have an experienced level of decision making
• Have strong communication skills - both verbal and written
• Demostrate excellent client service focus
• Have good organisational skills and be able to multi-task
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Management Other, Modeller
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec we always design with community in mind. We believe growing a great design company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus creativity, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers, and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a solid history of success. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work. Redefine your personal best. Join us!
UK-Buckinghamshire-High Wycombe, UK-Wales-Cardiff, UK-West Sussex-Falmer
Buckinghamshire, South Wales, West Sussex
Brighton, Cardiff, High Wycombe
Back to top