- Austin, TX
At Stantec, we are passionate about great design. Our inventive and collaborative approach to problem-solving helps bring big ideas to life through creative solutions. For us, creativity is driven by purpose. Knowing that transformation is truly possible inspires us to approach every situation with a fresh perspective.
Whether our contribution is a design that strikes the perfect balance between function and aesthetics, a feat of engineering that redefines what's possible, or a project management approach that delivers results, we strive for outcomes that transcend the challenges they solve and shape the communities we serve for the better.
At the heart of these outcomes are a talented team of creative experts that are passionate about designing transformational buildings. Together, we recognize that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places that we design.
Join a Top 10 global design firm as a Principal in our Texas buildings practice. Our Austin office is seeking a Principal in Charge to be a contributing member of our Principal leadership team. The successful candidate will be a recognized leader in the education market with a proven focus on design excellence, exceptional project delivery, and the highest levels of client satisfaction. The position requires the ability to develop and nurture existing Stantec client relationships as well as acquire new client relationships. This role is primarily responsible for business development and project delivery, and will have project responsibilities including client management, project leadership, and technical guidance.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Leading and coordinating business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Develop and/or assist in defining overall team project pursuit plan win strategy including strategic proposal development for the group and coordinating a core group of interior design and architecture professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Enhance Stantec's ability to win work during all aspects of a project's lifecycle from planning, programming, design, construction documentation, contract administration through to project close-out.
- Interface and advise clients, manage project teams and assist with the review of technical documents to meet the needs of the project.
- Serve as a local leader to inspire our team, represent design excellence, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec.
- Assists in the recruitment and development of staff and contribute to performance reviews of existing staff.
- Increase Stantec's industry profile through regular interaction with potential clients and industry associates as well as participating in industry organizations.
- Acts as an internal and external ambassador for the firm.
- Attend selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on major projects.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a diverse client base.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider.
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, and Statement of Qualifications.
- Ability to produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
- Strong understanding of the market, industry trends and industry leaders.
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and team building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Active in your community including conference attendance/speaking engagements and/or active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or related field.
- Professional registration as an Architect.
- 15 years of experience working on education projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 2000010P
Back to top