The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Architecture and Engineering practice is seeking an Architecture
A Principal is
responsible for Business Development and Service Delivery and acts as the
Project Executive. The role of Principal requires the ability to build and
nurture existing Stantec client relationships as well as acquire new client
relationships. This individual will work closely with the local leaders to
implement a full strategic plan. As a
leader we expect him/her to inspire our team, represent design, continue our
growth and success in our current market sectors and in diversifying our client
and project base.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead and be effective at the project,client, and Business Center level.
- Set the strategic direction for the BC incollaboration with other leaders and communicate effectively to staff
- Serve as a local leader to inspire ourteam, represent design, and reinforce the national Stantec brand.
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work,creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients forStantec
- Sustaining and growing revenue within theFlorida market, helping to achieve top-line growth for the BC, and working withthe project team to achieve key operational metrics
- Through his/her personal efforts incollaboration with colleagues, enable the firm to secure $1.5M to $2.0M in newannual net revenues, supporting a team of at least 12 people annually
- Developing, reviewing, and approvingproposals, reports, and contract documents
- Developing and maintaining industryrelationships and visibility with current and prospective clients,sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits
- Fosters collaboration between offices whilepromoting and providing a design vision
- Engages staff on design, ensures designprocess is followed and influences usage of technological tools.
- Takes ultimate responsibility for thequality and profitability of his/her projects
- Take personal responsibility for mentoringand growing our staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated design acumen and leadership on major projects
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business and the business environment
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong relationships
- Multidisciplinary experience in any or all of the following markets: Multifamily, Mixed-Use, Retail, Hospitality, Higher Education, or Healthcare. Commercial experience preferred.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long term value to clients
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture
- Registered Architect in the State of Florida
- 15 years of experience in the Architecture field
Please include work samples representing concept design, final design and built works with your application.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Miami
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900023B
Back to top