The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity As a senior contributor on our professional Architecture team you will work independently to assist clients through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning designs. Your experience ensures that you are quite familiar with construction plans, specifications, estimates and building codes. You will be innovating and creating new prototypes designed with sustainable products with green architecture sensibility as your goals. You will lead the development of integrated design proposals, continuous updating of a building information model, preparing a variety of output / drawings throughout the project, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables as required under instruction from the Project Leader.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Lead collaboratively, the growth and development of the K-12 and Higher Education sector for Stantec in British Columbia
- Assist in strengthening the design brand of Stantec to achieve its goals of becoming a top ten global design firm
- Secure Exceptional clients for Stantec and deliver high quality, profitable projects for the firm that enhance Stantec's Design and Brand Recognition in Buildings
- Manage the Planning and Design process with clients on projects related to the K-12 and Higher Education sector that come to Stantec through you and support the growth and development of other Stantec Architecture and interior design resources
- Program, develop methodologies and design approaches for the product type through the project design and documentation phases
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams including consultants and collaborate with existing Stantec Engineering leadership to grow Stantec reach, client pool, and design brand
- Work on a variety of K-12 and Higher Education projects from design thru construction administration and mentor others who are emerging leaders in that practice
- Collaborate with team members within the project team and leverage Stantec skills in K-12 and Higher Education strategically
- Lead in identifying project opportunities, marketing Stantec services and winning work
- Perform limited administrative and office management tasks
- Be active members within the communities that Stantec serves
- Extensive project experience supports in the ability to win work during proposal response.
- Create and manage project work plans, schedules, and fees.
- Create a yearly business plan for the Education studio and participate in the office budgeting process. Be accountable for the final product in the operation of the studio.
- Capable of simultaneously supporting one or more Principal's in Charge on multiple projects. Additionally, act as Principal in Charge of projects in the Education studio as required.
- Excellent understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards.
- Proactively takes appropriate action without requiring continued direction or guidance.
- Effectively manages multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent negotiator and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Newforma; Prefer experience with Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
- The ability to work in an energetic and challenging work environment collaboratively
- A passion for educational design
A minimum of 15 years of experience with a focus on K-12 and Higher Education projects
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top