Your Opportunity: Our Community Development Group is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life where people live, work and play. Whether it's for a new development, a neighborhood revitalization project, or a new commercial project, our professionals manage a variety of projects from initial planning to decommissioning.
Your Duties: Our Westlake, Houston Texas office is looking for a Principal for our Community Development Group. This individual will be responsible for maintaining project schedules and budgets, for contract negotiations and for client interaction for land development projects. He/she will be responsible for providing clear direction to the Community Development staff to guide projects to a successful completion. He/she will be responsible for project quality control and will possess a solid understanding of the overall project development and design process as well as possess extensive project management experience and a high level of professionalism in their dealings with the public and staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Essential Functions:
- Organizing and supervising the work of a technical team with regard to the planning, design, processing and construction support of civil engineering projects;
- Supervising the preparation of engineering drawings and specifications, cost estimates, and preliminary and final reports for land development projects;
- Performing project management duties on major engineering projects, including client and sub-consultant coordination; making presentations to planning commissions, zoning boards, municipal officials and public agencies; attending client meeting; and visiting job sites;
- Maintaining project budgets, preparing estimates, establishing cost controls and maintaining project schedules;
- Strong previous experience around client and business development;
- Ensuring quality control;
- Managing and controlling sub-consultant contracts;
- Organizing and maintaining project files;
- Preparing monthly billing;
- Marketing new clients and maintaining existing clients;
- Negotiating with and/or on behalf of clients;
- Preparing project proposals and attending pre- and post-proposals meetings/interviews;
- Signing and sealing project plans as supervising engineer;
- Assisting in staff hiring;
- Staff development;
- Conducting performance appraisals and administering disciplinary action;
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of project management experience, including ability to organize and supervise the work of other engineers, designers and sub-consultants;
- Education equivalent to college degree in civil engineering or equivalent work experience;
- A track record of establishing and maintaining client relationships in the greater Houston area.
- Strong ability to develop business and promote business relationships;
- Strong ability to motivate staff and promote teamwork within and across offices;
- Excellent organization, coordination, managerial and "people" skills;
- Excellent technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, letters and technical specifications;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Computer literacy in word processing and spreadsheet software preferred; and
- Possession of a valid driver's license
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top