Your Opportunity Our Water sector, which brings together many of the world's top engineers and scientists, sees water a bit differently-as a single holistic system rather than as unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. We use this perspective to help communities tap into water's potential. Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions. Through our cost-effective strategies, we're helping communities increase their water efficiency and protect their water resources for future generations. Join our team as we create new ways to tap into water's vast potential.
We are actively seeking a Principal to join our Water Business line to be based in Lexington, Kentucky office.
Stantec's Water Team has a strong local presence but also participates in some of Stantec's largest and most complex water projects. The successful candidate will be someone with exceptional leadership, communication and business acumen who will help set the vision for how the practice expands its business within the region. The focus of the position will be to lead a team of water business development professional to support sector growth throughout the region, taking personal responsibility for expanding the water practice and to participate in the execution of strategic projects.
Your Duties This senior level position, reporting to the Market Leader for the Water Group and works collaboratively with Stantec's Water Leadership team. This role will involve providing technical direction and guidance at the business center level, as well as identifying business development opportunities in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sustaining and growing revenue within our primary business sectors, helping to achieve top line growth for the Business Center, and supporting the Managing Lead to achieve key operational performance metrics
- Leading local business development pursuits including proposal development for the group, coordinating a core group of engineering professionals to achieve business development and financial goals
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans
- Assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center and working with the leadership team to achieve key performance indicators
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the Water Group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities
- Leading growth in revenue for Water projects and document progress through the use of action registers, financial progress reporting, etc.
- Building a strong technical quality culture, identifying technical gaps within teams and working with local leadership to address gaps
- Attracting key staff to Stantec's Water team to facilitate growth
- Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with business center, regional, and national sector leadership to achieve key performance indicators
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture within the Business Center
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Post-graduate degree, or a B.S. with at least 10 years professional experience
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the Water market
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications
- Demonstrated technical skills on major projects with an understanding on the various water consultancy sectors (treatment, conveyance, water resources)
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base (such experience within a consulting organization in the region is considered a strong asset)
- Substantial leadership, communication and team building skills are essential for the successful candidate to meet the expectations of this challenging position
- The Principal must be an individual who has the strengths, experience and drive to effectively lead, challenge, and inspire the leadership group and staff to work together cohesively as a team
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting services provider
- Demonstrated ability to champion both technical and customer service excellence with conviction and purpose
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top