Preconstruction Manager - Heavy Civil
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to serve as Preconstruction Manager to support wastewater infrastructure projects throughout the Western U.S.
• Provide complete preconstruction services to Client and design/construction teams (input, coordination and problem solving) at all stages of the project.
• Facilitate and/or actively participate as a key stakeholder in design/preconstruction meetings with client; take notes and issue minutes for communication to the project team.
• Manage preconstruction services and estimate preparation - Responsible for overall estimate completeness, accuracy and control of project budget.
• Review documents for completeness; verify that previously accepted cost management suggestions are incorporated; provide constructability and comments to design team to ensure quality.
• Identify, cultivate and attract new subcontractors and vendors; develop, maintain and enhance relationships. Generate interest and get commitments on subcontractor participation.
• Assist operations in prequalification of subcontractors and subsequent bid packages to ensure compliance with company and project requirements.
• Analyze subcontractor and vendor bids - Verify proper and complete scope review; establish consistency between bids to allow evaluation of apparent low bidder; coordinate scope with other trade packages.
• Lead development / updating of preliminary construction schedule; coordinate/verify estimate scope with schedule with engineering, procurement, construction operations, and client.
• Develop profit strategy and ensure that profit objectives are maximized and maintained within estimates. Monitor and manage P&L responsibilities.
• Ensure estimates are accurate and complete; manage project risk issues; monitor and control design to maintain program scope; control cost so that previous estimates are not exceeded.
• Prepare innovative, technically creative cost management reduction options to resolve budget issues and meet project budget.
• Provide assistance to operations staff during construction to resolve field problems; assist with change orders if required.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top