Practice Leader - Water/Wastewater
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Throughout the life cycle of capture, use, reuse, and discharge, our team optimizes every facet of a water system. Whether a project calls for planners, designers, construction managers, or facility operators, we have the right experts to provide creative, yet practical, water solutions.
Our growing and versatile Charleston office includes over 50 professionals in various fields, ready to assist you as you grow our water/wastewater presence in South Carolina. Your local and regional support resources will be substantial, as this is the perfect opportunity for someone with a solid marketing and business development background to leverage those resources to make a significant impact. Also, there is no doubt that you will enjoy the team atmosphere that's evident in our Charleston office.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Continue to build Stantec's South Carolina water/wastewater presence by using current client relationships in South Carolina water and wastewater municipal markets to determine and win project opportunities. Develop additional client relationships necessary for building business in South Carolina.
- Lead the water/wastewater practice in parts of South Carolina.
- Stantec has many subject matter experts who you can bring to your clients. Connecting client opportunities with our experts is essential.
- Lead detailed studies, modeling and design of municipal water and wastewater systems and related facilities.
- Prepare plans and specifications and other contract documents for water and wastewater facilities.
- Manage and supervise engineers and technical staff to ensure that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Meet with clients, municipal officials, public, and contractors to review project needs and coordinate field conditions.
- Manage project schedule and budget.
- Manage the process for obtaining approvals from various agencies.
- Research issues related to wastewater and water resources that impact individual projects.
- Write reports and design briefs to document analyses.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Have strong client relationships with South Carolina water and wastewater municipalities.
- Efficient project execution of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Understands client expectations, project budgeting, proposal writing, invoicing.
- Technical expert in all relevant areas of design and understanding of various design methods.
- Effective communicator and able to work on and lead teams.
- Must have a clean driving record and valid driver's license.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
Licensed Professional Engineer in South Carolina required.
Minimum of 12 years of experience in engineering analysis and design of water distribution and wastewater collection facilities.
Typical office environment working with computers and sitting at a desk. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Civil Engineer
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-North Charleston
Other Locations: United States-South Carolina-Columbia
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Req ID: 1900004M
Back to top