Practice Leader- Land Development
- Fairfax, VA
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Take the first step towards designing your career with Stantec. As a professional design services firm our DC Metro practice is seeking a leader to serve as the Land Development Practice Leader developing client relationships, leading business development activities and continue our growth and success in our current market sectors and in diversifying our client and project base. In addition to the external development, we are looking for a leader to inspire our team, represent design, and reinforce the national brand of Stantec.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Sustaining and growing revenue within the DC metro market, helping to achieve top line growth for the business unit, and working collaboratively with the project team to achieve key operational performance metrics.
- Leading local business development pursuits, and coordinating a core team of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Assisting with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center.
- Contributing to the development and execution of the national business strategy for the land development group, with accountability for region-specific strategies and priorities.
- Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development within the business center.
- Assist other Business Leaders on the Career Development and Performance Review (CDPR) forms for staff, salary reviews, and bonus evaluations.
- Working collaboratively with the other Business Center leaders to achieve key business development, financial and operational performance goals across Stantec.
- Collaborate with Regional and National Sector Leader's (SL's) to develop and leverage expertise across offices.
- Facilitate collaboration among integrated practice groups (i.e. Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering)
Marketing and Business Development:
- Manage local business development pursuits including strategic proposal development for the group and coordinating a core group of professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work, creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- Leading and coordinating business development efforts, including market research, client relationships, developing leads, and securing contracts.
- Developing and driving marketing and business development (M&BD) plans, budgets, and key performance indicators.
- Developing, reviewing, and approving proposals, reports, and contract documents in accordance with Stantec policy.
- Developing and maintaining industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Attending selected conferences and maintaining active memberships in associations (such as board posts and committee memberships).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Exceptionally strong understanding of the DC Metro market
- Experience with responding to Requests for Proposals, Expression of Interests, Statement of Qualifications.
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base.
- Strong seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec.
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Excellent organization, coordination, leadership, team-building and managerial skills.
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques, insights, and contacts.
- Proven success in developing new clients and maintaining strong client relationships.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
A minimum of 15 years of current technical project experience preferably in land development, site civil or community development
Professional Engineer License from VA, MD or DC
Preferred, not required:
A master's degree would be an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Business Operations
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Fairfax
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190001PT
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top