Power, Renewables Sub-Sector Lead
Stantec's Power group provides complete, integrated services to clients in the Power and Industrial markets. These services cover all aspects of our client's needs, from identifying and assessing liabilities and risks to developing solutions to meet their energy needs. Our staff of professionals includes all engineering disciplines - civil; structural; architectural; mechanical; electrical; instrumentation and controls, as well as all environmental specialists. One of the most significant areas of growth for Stantec's Power group is the Renewable area. The Renewable sub-sector covers solar; land-based wind; off shore wind; energy storage and smart grids. We are seeking an exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individual with experience in renewable power business development, project development, and project execution to join our team as the Power, Renewables Sub-Sector Leader. The successful candidate will be responsible to grow top line revenue by building strong client relationships, monitoring regulatory drivers and regional incentives, and leveraging past and existing relationships/experience.
Stantec is one of the top consulting firms in the Renewable Energy market in North America, with experience on over 400 wind, solar, energy storage, and geothermal projects in the U.S. and Canada representing over 25,000 megawatts of capacity. We provide integrated environmental and engineering services to our clients across the continent, from feasibility support, baseline studies, and site planning through complete engineering design and compliance. This individual will work to build on Stantec's past experience and further enhance Stantec's position as a top-tier engineering consultant in the sector.
The candidate filling this position may be located anywhere in the U.S.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Expand and grow Net Revenue from new and existing Renewable Energy clients for Power Engineering services
- Focus on Global/National clients and Key Accounts
- Drive growth through increased market penetration, large projects, programs and opportunities
- Leverage Global Stantec relationships with existing Power clients
- Champion an integrated services approach for the entire range of Stantec services
- Partner with other appropriate Stantec leaders to create and win opportunities
- Help recruit and retain specialist staff and strategic hires
- Be responsible for developing and meeting the annual Renewables Sub-Sector Marketing & Business Development Plan
- Direct and coordinate all marketing and business development activities of the Renewable Sub-Sector
- Actively participate in selected projects on a technical and/or advisory level to maintain credibility with clients and contribute toward utilization goals
- Serve as a highly-visible Stantec representative at sector conferences and industry associations
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Monitor federal, state, and local regulatory drivers in order to understand where opportunities exist and to help utility clients and private developers with both short and long-term planning of their asset portfolios.
- Anticipate medium- and long-term client needs and industry dynamics
- Assist in the growth of the Power Renewable group by identifying and supporting development of new service areas aimed at strengthening our package of services in the sector to satisfy changing market conditions
- Develop and maintain a broad range of client relationships within the sector
- Innovate and enhance Power's capabilities, geographic footprint and integrated approach in the Sector
- Work closely with Power Client Account Managers, Regional Practice Leaders, Technical Service Leadership, and BC Business Leaders to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients
- Provide input to Regional and Business Center Leaders in annual Budget, Career Development, Compensation, and Bonus processes as appropriate
- Lead (where applicable) and collaborate with Account Managers in growing global and national accounts within our Power Generation Sub Sector
- Serve as an example of consulting expertise, professionalism, integrity, and safety to other staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
This key position requires a high-integrity executive with a strong focus on building teams, a commitment to delivering on promises, and a strategic mindset. The successful candidate will have in-depth business development experience in the wind and solar market areas, with a proven track record as a key contributor to a national leadership team.
- Proven experience in building trust and long-term relationships with key national clients, business leaders, and team members across multiple disciplines
- Demonstratable experience developing complex projects and commercial opportunities in the renewables sector
- Team-building and influencing skills are essential, as is the ability to be collaborative and proactive in market development and leadership
- Able to travel up to one-third of the time as required
- An undergraduate degree in engineering is required; a graduate degree in business or marketing would be an additional asset.
- We prefer at least 12 years of experience in the Power Industry, with at least five years of specific experience in wind and/or solar power development, including some background in consulting.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top