Power Program Manager
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a smart grid project, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve utility, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
The Program Manager for Power Project Development will help Stantec increase penetration into existing and emerging power markets within in Southern California and Southwestern US. Reporting to the Vice President of Power and International Project Development, the Program Manager focuses on our local and regional clients in Southern California and supports our BLs with our global and national clients (where relevant), as well as supports Accounts Managers (AMs) with key accounts and global and national clients. The Program Manager also works closely with both Sector and Business Center leadership to achieve key performance indicators (KPI) and financial targets. This position may be located in Los Angeles Area.
Your Key Responsibilities Business Development
- Helping BCSL's grow net revenue within our Power business sector, driven to achieve top line growth.
- Developing and maintaining a broad range of client relationships within the sector; understand how to align business to execute global strategy of Stantec across the Power sector with a focus on T&D, Renewables and Smart Grid Technologies.
- Leveraging global Stantec relationships; partner with appropriate Stantec leaders to create and sell; build, grow and develop team of high performers;
- Delivering overall business development plans, monthly updates, revisions and modifications to the plan;
- Steering business development pursuits including proposal development, coordinating a core group of engineering professionals to achieve business development and financial goals.
- Consistently and proactively meeting and networking with prospective clients, outside of the office.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with prospective clients through regular communication and meetings.
- Participating in and leading (when required) marketing and business development meetings, client surveys, and local business center improvement plans.
- Leading (where applicable) and collaborating with Account Managers in growing global & national accounts within Power.
- Assisting in the growth of Stantec Power sector by identifying and supporting the development of new service areas aimed at broadening and strengthening the Power package of services;
- Anticipating medium and long-term client needs and industry dynamics; innovate and enhance the T&D, Smartgrid and other Power capabilities, geographic footprint and integrated approach; adapt strategies and identify services to satisfy changing market conditions.
- Tracking and reporting KPI progress regularly and adjust BD plans and actions as necessary to achieve targets
- Working closely with Power Client Account Managers, Regional Practice Leaders, Technical Service Leadership, and Business Center Managing Leader (BCML) to deliver safe, profitable, and sustainable projects and services for our clients.
- Developing and maintaining industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits.
- Contributing to the developing the annual business plan and budget for the business center and working with the leadership team to achieve (KPI).
- Strong understanding of power industry and current drivers in CA marketplace
- Key Contacts within the Power Sector
- Business Development
- Action Oriented
- Leadership - people and business
- Planning and Organizing
- Ethics and Integrity
- Strategic Thinking
- Commitment to HSE
- Ability to Motivate and influence
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Comes with key contacts in the T&D industry across Southern California and Southwest US. Other key contacts in Renewables, Smartgrid and Oil and Gas would be considered an asset.
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Strong communication and business development skills and will be a results-oriented individual who excels in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Skills and knowledge to create, suggest and introduce innovative and effective client solutions and integrated deliverables that are aligned with both Sector and Global business objectives.
- Possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented.
- Must be committed to the vision and mission of Stantec and the Geographic Region at all times.
- Proven experience in building rapport and trust with key clients, business leaders, and team members.
- Works effectively in an entrepreneurial, collaborative environment, and is able to direct and work collaboratively with a diverse group of highly motivated and capable individuals.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal skills with ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Can negotiate skillfully in challenging situations with both internal and external groups.
- Ability to travel mainly across Western US.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top