PMP- Certified Project Manager
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
The Sacramento, CA C Street office of Stantec has an immediate opening for a mid-level Project Management Professional (PMP)-certified Project Manager to join our multi-disciplinary team of water professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state and federal clients. If working on challenging projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of California's most complex water opportunities appeal to you, join us.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Financial Project Management - Assume primary responsibility for financial management of engineering services for planning and design of water resources projects and municipal infrastructure, including:
- Contract administration (initiation to close-out), preparation of contract documents, and invoicing
- ISO-9001 Quality Management System compliance and internal/external project audits
- Track/analyze project financials
- Track/log the status of proposals and contracts throughout the approval cycle, and follow up with project staff and client contacts and sub-consultants as directed
- Enter/maintain staffing resource assignments into internal resource management tools
- Create/update Project Setup Forms, Project Implementation Plans, and Project Files
- Meet scope, schedule, budget, and quality goals.
- Deliver excellent client service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 and working knowledge of Oracle PM Dashboard desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, physical science, planning, or related field.
- 5 years of financial project management experience in water/wastewater/water resources engineering with projects ranging from $50K to $3M (or more).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from PMI.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002KE
Back to top