At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large. Your Opportunity Stantec's Rocklin, CA office is seeking a PLC Programmer and SCADA Developer to join our Water group.
Your Key Responsibilities The ideal candidate will provide PLC programming and SCADA development services for a variety of clients locally and globally in a dynamic and diversified team environment. You will work with the engineering design team to design, develop and commission the PLC/SCADA system for all control based projects. You will report to an EI&C Team Lead Engineer.
- Meet with project team and clients as needed to understand their needs and gain an understanding of the entire project objective and how it relates to the control system.
- Independently design, develop, and program new PLC hardware systems per project specifications.
- Design and development of HMI and SCADA systems per project specifications.
- Provide onsite commissioning and startup support for new and existing PLC systems.
- Work with on-site electricians as needed to provide insight on the functionality of any controls component of a system.
- Diagnose and modify existing programs to meet customer specifications and provide onsite support for the implementation of these modifications.
- Control panel setup and testing (IP addressing, I/O check-out).
- Train customer end users on functionality of the system.
- Document systems by writing and maintaining programs and system documentation.
- Creating and/or assisting in the creation of user operation manuals (O&M).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have expert level knowledge programming Rockwell Automation's software. This include but is not limited to RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000/Studio, FactoryTalk View ME & SE.
- Must have expert level knowledge of Rockwell Automation family of PLCs and familiarity with Modicon, other PLC and DCS systems.
- Must have expert level knowledge in the development of Ignition, Wonderware, and other HMI software systems.
- Must also be well versed in Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and serial communications. Experience in PC based programming Languages, Windows Server platforms, HTML, My SQL, Access and virtual systems is a plus.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with industrial controls, including VFDs, solid state soft starters, relays, contactors, starters and field instrumentation devices.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Is able to work 40 hours or more per week and has availability to meet with clients, management and staff when needed.
- This position requires travel to meet engagement/client requirements. Travel scope may include regional, national or international based on the contracted requirements. Independent travel is required, with travel comprising 25% or more of the work month.
Minimum High School or Technical Associate Degree. Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university is preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in control system programming with relevant experience in Water/Wastewater related infrastructure.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top