Planning Engineer (Pumping Station)
- Doha, Qatar
Stantec Qatar is looking to hire a Planning Engineer to support on a Terminal Pumping Station site.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review resource (manpower and equipment) histogram weekly or monthly as required.
Monitoring the project schedule at all stages:
- Evaluate allocation of resources and provide recommendations to maintain required progress.
- Develop and implement planned versus actual progress charts (histograms/S curves).
-Reports and analyses deviations from plan.
- Track, monitor and forecast progress of all activities and deliverable such as products, engineering documents fabrication status and construction of all discipline.
- Analyze gaps between the planned and actual progress and highlight the areas of concern which required action of the associate task member.
Planning Engineer (Pumping Station)
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline with certification in planning and scheduling of projects and in using Primavera applications (Primavera Project Management /P6 and Primavera Contract Management/Expedition) and cost engineering with minimum 10 years of experience, 3 of which should be in a similar role with an engineering consultancy, supervisor consultant or project management consultancy.
- At least 12 years project management experience in planning, scheduling and cost engineering, including at least 5 years using Primavera Project Management (P6), Primavera Contract Management (Expedition);
- Good oral and written English language, with good report writing, analytical and computer skills;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in project planning, budgeting, cost phasing and control from the project initiation to close out phases, utilizing computer based systems (Primavera Project Management 'P6' & Primavera Contract Management 'Expedition'), within the framework of an integrated project services function for the effective management of a wide range of concurrent projects, to meet the business plan objectives;
- Completed at least one project in same role that is comparable in size to project
- Using latest version of Primavera Project Management (P6) and Primavera Web Scheduling software for monitoring and reviewing the baselines and updated project schedules and cost;
- Using latest version of Primavera Contract Management (Expedition) as Contract Document Management software to track Correspondences, Drawings, Submittals, Material & Equipment Procurement, Daily Reports, Transmittals, Minutes of Meetings, Bill of Quantities, Proposals, Requests for Inspection, Requests for Clarification, Change Orders, Invoices, Payment Requisitions and Snag Lists and linking the Project information in Primavera Contract Management to the Primavera Enterprise Schedule;
- Ensuring the use of standardized forms and reports of Ashghal which are available in Primavera Contract Management (Expedition);
- Coordinating with the Engineer in the review and integration of the schedule into Ashghal's database and will guide the Contractor in preparation of the schedule to be compatible with the integration requirements;
- Reviewing contractor's work program submissions including all narratives and supporting information, and provides analysis and findings;
- Verifying actual progress and comparing actual performances to original plans;
- Monitoring, adjusting and updating the cost plan and cash flows accordingly and the consolidating of these results in PMC monthly reports;
- Estimating time element of change orders and submits his analysis to the Engineer and incorporating within the master schedule after authorization;
- Evaluating Contractor's Extension of Time requests and preparing recommendations to the Engineer.
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Now uniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Back to top