Your Opportunity Projects, when successfully delivered, can strengthen client organizations and the communities they serve. By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our business, technical, and project management experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives-without surprises. We've managed thousands of projects across all sectors, including buildings like hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments like mines and wind farms. Join a team of program and project management specialists that's passionate about achieving predictable project outcomes for clients and communities.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a Planner/Scheduler with a strong background in the core project controls functions of Design Management and Capital Project and Program Management. In the capacity of Planner/Scheduler you will be a key point of contact with numerous stakeholders, internal and external to the project. You will be responsible for the provision of all aspects of functions outlined below.
Specific responsibilities include overall:
Planner/Scheduler Job Description
- Experience on multiple projects/programs in front-end project planning, project definition and implementation
- Strong experience in Primavera (P6) & MS Project
- Experience in resource/cost loading, cash flow, and earned value management
- Ability to plan, analyze, and interpret technical information
- High organizational and time management skills
- Ability to blend client requirements with company standards and methodology
- Superior communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong computer skills including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be detail-oriented and have good organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with clients, contractors, and staff at all levels
As a self starter, able to work with minimal supervision, you will be required to:
- Develop scopes of work and Work Breakdown Structures
- Prepare, update, and maintain all levels of Integrated Project Schedules (from Master to Detailed) for: engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning
- Resource load schedules and produce cash flow reports
- Develop potential recovery plans
- Prepare month-end, and variance reports
- Perform contractor schedule analysis
- Review design and construction progress & attend coordination/review meetings
- Prepare proposal schedules and other proposal deliverables
- Produce ad hoc reports
- Travel, when required
Your Capabilities and Credentials Relevant technical college graduate or engineering degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in project/program controls and project management; experience working in a consulting engineering environment (EPCM), Capital Project/Program Management environment, or Construction Contracting environment; on-site construction experience, previous experience with large construction related projects is preferred.
Travel is required in this role.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top