Planner/Engineer or Urban Designer
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our planning and design efforts lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of multimodal and sustainable projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic transportation planner or engineer or urban designer with 0 to five years' of experience. The experience should include computer-aided drafting and design (CADD), geographic information systems (GIS), and land use/multi-modal transportation planning. S upporting work experience such as graphic design, landscape architecture, and urban planning are also important.
The candidate will be responsible for working with a team of professional engineers, planners, urban designers, and landscape architects on transportation/land use corridor studies, system transportation plans, and safety/multimodal studies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- The ideal candidate will have 0 -5 years of direct experience in preparing municipal transportation planning documents including corridor plans, subarea plans, long-range plans and comprehensive plans.
- Technical analysis involving ArcView™, CommunityViz™, Microstation/AutoCAD, Adobe suite, microsimulation and modeling packages or their outputs is important.
- This individual will be working with urban planners and designers on development/redevelopment and land use- related studies.
- An analytical mindset and skills in preparing technical reports, communicating results to groups, and preparing and delivering presentations are important.
- Position will be full-time employment. Some evening work is required, as is a NC Driver's License.
- A sense of humor and positive attitude in all working conditions is key - we work hard and we play hard!
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top