Piping Designer, Senior
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator and skilled problem solver with a commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service and individual excellence are paramount. This is a dynamic work environment where you will be able to challenge your abilities and CAD skills.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide design experience, from conceptual thru detailed engineering, related to process piping associated with medium to large projects.
- Undertake and or assisting in project coordination responsibilities, including scheduling, estimating, and project progressing.
- Review and coordination of vendors and other discipline documents.
- Participate in site visits when required.
- Ensure that work conforms to applicable codes, standards and client specifications.
- Mentor designers working in the group.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with engineering firms.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, AutoPlant, Navisworks.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with pipeline facilities, refinery,or extraction is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of pipingsystems design.
- Ability to multitask. must be a self-starter, and motivated.
- Should be willing to receive and provide direction.
Education and Experience
Diploma in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineering Technician/Technologist
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000DQ
Back to top