Your Opportunity Finding efficient, safe, and economical ways to develop and deliver oil and gas is an ongoing challenge. From the Arctic to the Canadian oil sands and the US shale plays, our Oil & Gas team partners with clients to provide engineering, procurement, construction management (EPCM), permitting, survey, and environmental services across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas industry. We design facilities, pipelines, terminals, and refineries, as well as critical infrastructure like processing plants and field facilities. Through our partnerships, industry experience, and use of technology, we develop new and inventive ways to solve emerging issues, meet regulations, and increase productivity. Explore your career options with us.
We are currently seeking a Project/Pipeline Engineer to join our Oil & Gas group in the Waterloo, Ontario office.
This position is the lead technical role for the establishment of design specification and the procurement of materials and equipment. This is also a key project role ensuring the proper execution of pipeline design duties for clients and requires technical understanding of the project scope of work, all relevant project and client specifications, codes and standards.
- Coordinate the preparation, review and approval of final midstream project engineering design reports
- Execution of pipeline engineering scope for assigned projects
- Oversee the development of construction contracts and the tender/analysis/award process
- Strong knowledge of CSA Z662
- Prepare pipeline alignment & crossing engineering drawing content and professional sealing of such drawings
- Review and approval of final pipeline routing analysis report
- Prepare and approve content of pipeline equipment specifications, particularly for Design Basis Memoranda
- Participate in facility hazard review and analysis
- Preparation of equipment specifications, cost estimates, drawings, reports relating to pipeline engineering
- Review equipment technical bid submissions
- Coordinate project pipeline engineering team; liaise with project pipeline drafting team
- Coordinate pipeline group activities with other project disciplines
- Ensure compliance with project plan and procedures
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's (or higher) degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Geotechnical or Civil preferred)
- Minimum of 7-10 years of pipeline design experience; 5years of consulting engineering experience
- Professional Engineer Eng. designation, preferably in Ontario and/or Quebec
- Engineering experience in projects with capital expenditure of $10MM +
- Proven pipeline engineering expertise and competency, in particular the installation of pipelines and associated facilities
- Work in the midstream oil and gas industry with experience in distribution and urban pipeline design, particularly in Ontario or Quebec
- Experience with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations
- Genuine team player who will encourage teamwork with the project team plus other discipline staff
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks on schedule and budget
- Focused on providing quality services to the clients in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong mentoring skills and desire to encourage junior staff
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
We would like to thank all candidates that apply; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top