Pipeline Construction Quality Control Lead
- Edmonton, Canada
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
The Pipeline Construction Quality Lead will oversee Quality Assurance activities and support project objectives. You will be responsible for monitoring construction quality and to assure conformance with the applicable drawings, procedures, and specifications. This position is for an independent contractor that is incorporated and can provide proof of WCB coverage.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for verifying that the General GCC/EPC Inspection Test Plans (ITP's) and Quality Plans are reviewed and accepted.
- Provide routine status reports to the Chief Quality Assurance Lead on progress and risks.
- Support the implementation of a non-conformance and opportunity tracking system to verify that improvement actions are completed and verified for effectiveness. Conduct Root Cause Analysis when required.
- Monitor compliance/conformance to project requirements and provide regular status reports, to ensure timeliness or required corrective actions.
- Support the implementation of the project tools and resources to facilitate the execution and reporting on quality assurance activities.
- Provide support to ensure continuity between the project's quality systems.
- Verify implementation of the governing Project Quality Management Plan.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough knowledge of construction principles, techniques and procedures, occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Strong organizational skills and understanding of task assignment and schedule.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and industry experience. Minimum of 10 years of experience.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Contract
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000W5
Back to top