Pipeline Construction Coordinator- Independent Contractor
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Reporting to the Construction Manager (CM), the Pipeline Construction Coordinator will be assigned to the jobsite and will be responsible for maintaining contractor performance, budget, schedule and quality of the construction activities. This includes field reporting and permitting, along with compliance monitoring of the contractors and ensuring the work activities are being performed in accordance with the contract documents, scope of work, and governing regulations. The role will include the daily reporting, and monitoring of information for transmission back to the home office as well as immediate onsite response for all field matters.
We are looking to fill this position for opportunities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Monitor 3rd party agreements for timely execution of the project.
- Ensure that all work performed by the contractor is done in a safe, environmentally sound manner and in accordance with approved design and specifications to the highest quality.
- Support and assist in the incident investigation process.
- Perform inspections and duties as laid out in the project specific HSSE plan.
- Ensure that all work permits are in place, complete with the necessary checklists and supporting data, and have been completed by trained and competent individuals.
- Ensure a site specific safety plan is developed prior to construction start.
- Provide site office mobilization, set-up and management.
- Review and approve daily and extra charges, ensuring contractor utilizes resources optimally.
- Review contractors request for changes and make recommendations to the CM ensuring scope changes are in accordance with Contract Terms and Conditions.
- Review and understand contracts, pricing, terms and conditions, special conditions and any applicable qualifications.
- Offer practical advice or possible resolution for items of concern that may arise during the construction, equipment installation and commissioning phases of the project.
- Manage execution of field work directives (FWD) to the contractor as required.
- Ensure the contractor continuously maintains two sets of up to-date as-built drawings of the construction project.
- Be familiar with details of the contracts and monitor contract deliverables accordingly.
- Ensure the material receiving, handling and storage procedures are followed.
- Maintain a daily journal detailing executed work, equipment, manpower, weather, significant events or unusual circumstances and delays at the site. This information will be recorded on the Stantec's daily progress report and forwarded to the CM.
- Ensure the contractor expeditiously uses the resources necessary to rectify identified non-compliances and/or deficiencies. Also, ensure that all necessary reports associated with the noncompliance / deficiencies are completed and distributed.
- Monitor and validate contractor progress. Support contractors and help ensure mitigation plans are developed if required.
- Review the onsite requirements of all project technical specifications.
- Monitor implementation of quality plan for the project.
- Attend periodic progress meetings with contractors.
- Primary interface with the contractors at the project site to ensure the timely and accurate reporting.
- Ensure OEM representatives are properly scheduled on site to prevent delays to the project, and all documentation is in place.
- Ensure all site visitors have been approved in advance by the Owner, and that they report to the site office for check-in and orientation.
- Coordinate (in advance) with Owner's Operations Staff to ensure all hot and tie-in work is carried out with a minimum of upset to the facilities.
- Responsible for receipt of Field Change Notices (FCN) and validation with project team. Work with the CM to ensure change orders are issued and approved in a timely manner.
- Participate in the periodic meeting with contractors and field staff to validate schedule progress
- Review and sign off contractors inspection test plans (ITP).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification required for all pipeline positions, this is not a requirement when working on pumping stations or terminals.
- Excellent organizational, planning and implementing skills.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary and/or 2 years industry experience equivalent. Minimum of 2 years construction experience. High school & post-secondary education preferred.
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 20000076
Back to top