MWH Constructors is currently looking for a Pipelayer to help support our project in Orlando, FL.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Align and position pipes to prepare them for welding or sealing.
• Check slopes for conformance to requirements, using levels or lasers.
• Connect pipe pieces and seal joints, using welding equipment, cement, or glue.
• Cover pipes with earth or other materials.
• Cut pipes with earth or other materials.
• Cut pipes to required lengths.
• Dig trenches to desired or required depths, by hand or using trenching tools.
• Processing systems include both high-pressure and low-pressure pipe systems moving liquids or gases utilizing automatic controls in the treatment of wastewater.
• Work with backhoe operator to supervise the correct depth and grade to lay pipe.
• Work with pipe craft and civil crews to place pipe in ditches.
• All other duties assigned.
If interested, please contact Jesus Ordonez at Jesus.Ordonez@mwhglobal.com
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
• Much be able to follow building plans and blueprints to perform pipe laying.
• Trained in Trenching and Excavation safety.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application, and is physically fit to perform the work.
• Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
• Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
• Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
Construction, Field Work
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World .
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top