Physical Substation Engineering Manager
Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties We are currently seeking a Physical Substation Engineering Manger to be based out of our Lake Mary, FL or Jacksonville, FL office. As a member of our Power Group leadership team, you will be responsible for providing direction, coaching and mentoring to a team of professional and technical staff responsible for the quality and delivery of the work.
- Required to lead the facilitation and development of an innovative and collaborative work environment within substation engineering
- As an engaged coach you will lead and mentor a team of professional and technical staff in multiple locations
- Responsible for the coordination & planning of all assignments, ensuring that all projects meet technical performance objectives and quality
- Involvement in the recruitment and retention of technical and professional staff
- Act as a subject matter expert by applying knowledge of industry standards and electrical engineering design principles with; HV substations and transmission systems up to 500kV; one line, schematic and wiring diagrams; apparatus specifications, structural, bus and general arrangements; yard and control house layout, conduit, cable, and grounding plans.
- Develop discipline specific engineering and technical standards, practices, procedures and techniques
- Lead department sales efforts to attract new business and expand current business, including participation in estimating and proposals
- Interact with clients
- Participate in strategic planning and business center management team initiatives
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 to 12 years' experience leading a team of professional and technical staff within an engineering environment in utility HV substation design
- Professional Engineer is required
- Florida Power and Light and/or Duke Energy experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly, juggle multiple tasks, communicate in a clear and concise manner, and provide effective leadership
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to engage an audience
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top