Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Our Jacksonville, Florida office is seeking a Permit Coordinator. You will oversee permit submissions for each jurisdiction in which we're seeking permits. You will be responsible for understanding the requirements each jurisdiction has for submittals and following up on status until the permit is received.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Obtain all required approvals for permits and act as liaison between the company and each municipality
- Perform project research and document findings
- Call in design tickets and initiate contact to municipalities
- Maintain communications with municipalities to ensure quick turn-around on data requests.
- Develop permit plans and graphics
- Work closely with client permitting coordinators to ensure guidelines and requirements are being met
- Build relationships and establish two-way communication with internal designers.
- Develop tools and templates to improve efficiency
- Perform administrative tasks (forms and mailings, report formatting, project work plans, etc.)
- Work alongside experienced practitioners that will coach and help them grow as professionals
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience with ArcGIS (including Online and Story Maps), Adobe Creative Suite, and/or AutoCAD desirable
- Use of internet and software tools to enhance efficiency
- Pro-active attitude, attention to detail, punctual, and organized
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to multi-task
Education and Experience
Minimum Associates Degree
Previous experience with permitting is strongly preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900022C
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top