PD&E Engineer / Roadway Designer
Your Opportunity Whatever the distance, wherever the destination-our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Duties We have an exciting opportunity for a PD&E Engineer/Roadway Designer to join our growing team in our Coral Gables, Florida office! We seek a team player who desires a highly collaborative work environment, has excellent client and communication skills, and strong design capabilities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a solid team of engineering professionals and participate on roadway designs for highways and urban roadways as part of the Project Development and Environment (PD&E) group.
Responsibilities will include production of horizontal and vertical alignments as well as roadway plans production utilizing Microstation, Geopak and InRoads and 3D-Modeling. Responsibilities will also include development of transportation planning and engineering reports and studies, including reports for PD&E studies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Civil Engineering
- Two (2) - seven (7) years of highway design experience
- Previous experience to include horizontal and vertical alignment analysis. FDOT Pavement Design, knowledge and utilization of Geopak and 3D Modeling for roadway alignment analysis, roadway plans production, and cross section generation required.
- Experience preparing preliminary and final design plans, specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Excellent communication skills and d emonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong technical knowledge of State Department of Transportation design and planning procedures. Experience with DOT's within the Southeast United States is desired including FDOT, LADOT, TXDOT, MDOT, GDOT, SCDOT and/or NCDOT
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in State of Florida desired but not required
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top