Payroll Administrator (Permanent)
Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We have an opportunity for a Payroll Administrator , based in our Phoenix, AZ office. This position is responsible for processing payroll data for assigned regions, responding to pay day issues with employees, performing required audits of interfaced and manually entered data in compliance with established controls and balancing payroll from source documents to recon sheet to trial payroll.
This position is a full-time permanent position.
Your Duties: 60% Payroll input/processing
20% Special Knowledge Tasks
10% Communication with HR and employees
10% Recurring clerical tasks
- Maintaining established control processes.
- Comply with internal policies and external regulations.
- Input and/or balance hours/earnings
- Enter hours and deduction adjustments
- Reconcile Retro Pay Report and input adjustments
- Balance input data to source documents.
- Balance Payroll recon sheet to Trial Payroll.
- Distribute pay checks/vouchers to employees.
- Prepare manual checks
- Process reversals/voided checks.
- Input changes to employee direct deposits, taxes, benefits, etc., investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Research and resolve questions from employees in-regards to hours or dollars paid or deductions from pay.
- File payroll backup/maintain employee files
- Calculate retro pay
- Audit interface reports each payroll. Input data not interfaced.
- Prepare final pay to terminate employees
- Assist with input regarding acquisitions or special pay requirements
- Assist with records storage.
- Handles special tasks or projects as assigned
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred.
- Multi-jurisdiction payroll experience.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, Department of Labor payroll regulations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide first class customer service.
- Experience with automated payroll systems and timekeeping systems.
- Familiar with MS Office Suite and intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Handles employee data in a confidential, professional, and timely manner.
- Highly accurate and organized
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top