We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Stantec Consulting Services, Inc. has openings for Field Survey and Field SUE Technicians in our West Palm Beach Transportation Survey Division. Sample projects include surveys for the Florida Department of Transportation and Turnpike Authority and additional government agencies, including the use of GPS, LiDAR, Subsurface Utility Engineering and traditional surveying methods.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ability to safely lead team members in the acquisition of Survey data for Boundary, Control, GPS, Hydrographic and LiDAR projects in all areas of Florida.
- Ability to solve problems in the field, by reviewing plans, documents, and existing improvements and features. Enjoys working within a team environment, listens well, eager to participate.
- Ability to communicate by email and transfer data through cloud applications.
- Ability to prepare accurate field notes and perform calculations.
- Adhere to Company safety polices along with use of supplied personal protective equipment, (PPE).
- Complete internal and external training as required.
- Some projects may require occasional travel.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to lead team members in a safe and productive manner.
- Strong computer, math, and technological advancement skills.
- Availability to travel out of town when needed.
- Valid Florida driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to pass stringent background checks and drug testing.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and enjoy working outdoors.
- Possess the ability to safely perform physically demanding work in all weather conditions.
Minimum of 5 years of survey experience, minimum of 1 year as Party Chief with experience in Control, GPS, Laser Scanning, and Hydrographic Surveys.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top