Part Time/ Administrative Assistant
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
In the role of a Part Time Administrative Assistant, will be to provide basic administrative tasks including invoice coding. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, team-oriented professional who can wear multiple hats and is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative related tasks. Well organized, flexible and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting a multi-disciplined office of diverse professionals. This position will work within a matrix management environment, candidate must be able to take work from multiple sources, prioritize accordingly, and communicate workload to direct manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Draft Stantec invoices, including review and coding of subconsultant invoices, collaboration with Stantec Accountant, and compilation of invoices for review by Project Manager
- Support client and project invoicing/billing needs such as consultant billing audits, supports accurate, timely and compliant project and client billing, pursues collections, completes consultant coding, and prepares and assists with financial reporting as needed.
- Run or review reports from financial and accounting data software. Export data to excel to prepare various internal/external reports.
- Follow up on requests for payment, and subconsultant invoices; contact subconsultants when appropriate. Additionally, follow up on third party reimbursements for work performed in support of the project.
- Review project contracts to pull pertinent project information for allowable reimbursements, markups, invoicing terms, and assist PM's in ensuring project team is made aware of these terms.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable (as needed) on payment application.
- Support other administrative assignments as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of invoice coding responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Ability to work with initiative, professionalism, and confidentiality, and is able to work independently, multi-task and adapt to change in a very dynamic environment.
- Must have worked in a team environment and understands the importance of being a team player.
- Demonstrated research and writing skills, along with solid verbal communication.
- Strong social skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary, dynamic environment.
- Business acumen, with proven organizational and time management skills.
- Keen attention to detail with experience in reviewing and coding invoices.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases and meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Establish and maintain a highly organized office with a distributed team.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
Education and Experience
Administrative experience with invoicing and reviewing contract terms is an asset. Experience in an architectural/engineering consulting environment a plus.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Administrative Support
Primary Location: United States-Nevada-Las Vegas
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190001W9
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top