Pacific Region Transit Director
Your Opportunity We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, formerly RNL Design, we always design with community in mind.
We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
We have an immediate need for an entrepreneurial, creative, and energetic person for the firm's transit and public works market to be the Pacific Region Transit Director. The ideal candidate is comfortable interacting with clients, preparing and leading interviews, collaborating on project pursuits, and consistently exceeding clients' expectations. A strong commitment to collaboration is a top priority. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of our innovative, national team; working to expand what is already one of the most respected practices in the U.S. While a significant portion of the work will be based in Southern California, travel will be required throughout the Pacific Region.
Your Duties Key Responsibilities:
- Identify, pursue, and win transit/public works projects in the Pacific Region
- Develop teaming agreements for project pursuits
- Lead interview teams
- Bring in work to support the firm
- Bring high level of sustainable and innovative design to every aspect of practice
- Bring project schedules, budgets, and scope of work to successful completion
- Responsible for identifying the project staff needs
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the firm's Strategic Plan
- Participation in APTA, CTA, APWA, and other transit/public works-related associations.
- Be a visible leader within the firm and the industry.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Desired Requirements:
- 10-15 years of experience in transit/public works industry.
- Record of accomplishment of winning and delivering high quality projects.
- Existing professional network in the transit and public works industry.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Architecture/Engineering/or Planning from an accredited university.
- Licensed Architect, Engineer, or Planner desired.
- Proven previous relevant experience (including bus and rail facilities, transit and passenger stations, and public works facilities).
- Passion for transit/civic architecture and public spaces.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- General knowledge of BIM and management software.
- Strong knowledge of sustainable design practices, demonstrated design sensitivity and LEED accredited.
- A person who wants to make a difference
- Results oriented
- A Motivator
- Personable / Collegial
- Proven Leader/Team Builder/Mentor
- Strong Manager
- Results-driven and Collaborative
- A person who can have fun and inspires others to have fun also
- High level of emotional intelligence
- Passion for client service and a high-performance culture
- Ability to earn respect and trust of the employees and clients
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top