Oracle Payroll Business Analyst
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide.Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
The successful candidate can be based in either of the Stantec Phoenix (US Payroll) or Edmonton (Canadian Payroll) offices.
Your Opportunity Overall, the Oracle Payroll IT Business Analyst is the liaison to the various stakeholders involved in the Time to Pay business process to ensure the underpinning system functionality and flows effectively and efficiently meets the various stakeholder needs, both from a day-to-day support and continuous improvement perspective.
The person filling this role will leverage their experience working in a payroll environment, to effectively collaborate with Payroll subject matter experts to understand business needs (priorities, opportunities, and problems) for the Time to Pay process, and drive out detailed system requirements for IT to develop system enhancements, plan upgrades, perform service requests, and resolve incidents/problems. This is effectively accomplished by having an in-depth understanding of the system functionality and flows that have been configured/developed in the Oracle Time and Labor and Oracle Payroll modules, including the touchpoints to Oracle Core HRMS and interfaces to Third-party systems.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the business users to capture and refine business decisions and requirements to a sufficient level of detail for system solutions to be developed.
- From within IT, work as an integral member of the development team to translate, refine and validate business requirements throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from design through to testing.
- Perform in-depth internal testing of system changes to prepare the system for business user testing.
- Engage business users as appropriate to validate and refine requirements and functional solution designs.
- Monitor and respond in a timely manner to incidents, process exceptions and service interruptions; Utilize in-depth understanding of the system functionality, flows, dependencies, and known problems, to provide Tier 1 diagnostics and troubleshooting, and escalate to Tier 2 functional/technical analysts, as required.
- Maintain a solid understanding of the Oracle Payroll functional roadmap for enhancements and legislative patches, and work with the business and internal IT stakeholders to plan for internal upgrades to Oracle.
- Maintain an awareness of pending legislation changes that may impact existing Oracle Payroll functionality, and work with the payroll subject matter experts to appropriately prepare for system enhancements and/or upgrades to comply.
- Perform service delivery activities following pre-defined processes/procedures.
- Identify opportunities to reduce or prevent incidents occurring such as educating/training end-users, or functional/technical changes.
- Plan, prepare and execute functional, and system testing and assist in issue resolution; develop test cases as required.
- Adhere to Stantec's Solution Delivery Framework, Incident Management, and Change Management procedures.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience working in a complex US and/or Canada payroll environment.
- Experience using Oracle Payroll and Oracle Time and Labor.
- Understanding of the underpinning system functionality and flows that have been configured in Oracle Payroll and Oracle Time and Labor to support the Time to Pay process.
- Experience performing business analysis and capturing business requirements in a structured systematic manner.
- Experience preparing test plans/cases/scripts.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Strong system troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) practices would be an asset.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following:
- Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- QA testing tools such as HP Quality Center
- Fluency in French is considered as an asset.
Education and Experience College or higher education and 7 or more years equivalent work experience in Payroll and/or IT.
Good understanding of Payroll principles, concepts and processes.
Periodic off hours work required to support production issues that may arise during payroll runs and support system implementations.
Typical office environment working with computers at a desk for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top