Oracle EBS Developer
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Corporate Development; Financial Services; Human Resources; Health, Safety, Security &, Environment; Information Technology Services; Marketing, Communications & Public Relations; Operations Support; Practice Services; Procurement & Real Estate; Programs & Business Solutions; and Risk Management.
As an Oracle Developer you will design and develop software solutions to address gaps in core Oracle e-Business Suite capabilities across various application technologies (Java/OAF, PL/SQL, Workflow, etc.). In addition Lead/mentor other software developers including defining design and coding standards (exception handling, debugging, reusable code, etc.) and performing design and code reviews.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Analyze software specifications provide by Business Systems Analyst and translate them into technical solutions.
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects to application problems.
- Consult on the capabilities of application technology to identify opportunities to solve business problems.
- Design and develop software solutions as per specifications.
- Develop and execute unit test plans to ensure quality of software being released for integration and user testing.
- Develop an appropriate production transition plan ensuring a smooth transition to production.
- Establish design and coding standards for the team to follow.
- Mentor other software developers assisting them in best practices and in solving problems.
- Ability to communicate highly technical information to business users and analysts.
- Communicate issues and solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Keep client, peers and managers informed on the status of issues.
- Prepare time and effort estimates for assigned projects and tasks.
- Given the tasks and scope of a project, successfully complete and document the project within the specified time frame.
- Manage priorities across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Plan, document, assign and implement production transition tasks to ensure a smooth deployment into our production environment.
- Interact with end user, peers, help desk, and management personnel to resolve issues.
- Effective in interacting with users when designing, completing, and testing assignments.
- Maintain a positive attitude when dealing with others in a pressured environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Experience working with complex enterprise applications, preferably in an ERP environment such as Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/12 or Peoplesoft.
- Experience in all aspects of software development lifecycle following best practice methodologies, preferably Rational Unified Process.
- Experience working with one or more of the following application technologies, tools and frameworks: APEX, OAF, Oracle Workflow, JDeveloper, BPEL, SOA, and Web Services.
Education and Experience
At least 2 years of software development experience developing solutions using Java, SQL, and PL/SQL.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities maybe assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Applications Development
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: United States-Colorado-Broomfield, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190000E6
Back to top