Onsite BIM Coordinator - Slayden
Slayden Constructors Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of MWH Constructors, a Northwest based heavy civil construction company, is seeking a BIM Modeler / Drafter to work at a heavy civil project in Spokane, Washington. This position will develop computer models and drawings that are used at the jobsite from estimating to production for quantity take offs, production planning, quality assurance / control, technical support/training and construction coordination. Must have strong drafting skills and an understanding of 3D modeling as well as strong plan reading skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office and highly proficient in Excel.
Minimum 2 years' experience in drafting or computer modeling required.
Also, experience in Autodesk design software is a plus (Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks).
Compensation dependent on experience
Please send cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer. Employer participates in Everify.
Successful candidate must possess a strong work ethic, be self-motivated, demonstrate effective communication skills (oral and written), and must have the ability to meet required deadlines. A minimum of 2 years drafting experience is required in either AutoCAD or Revit. Experience in construction, specifically in the water / wastewater treatment field, is a plus but not required as is experience with Navisworks and Microstation. Hands on training is provided and advancement opportunities are available for motivated candidates who want to learn 3D modeling, drafting and coordination.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction and construction management services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
• Build virtual construction models and produce drawings, views and schedules
• Maintain appropriate electronic file management
• Create concrete lift drawings that meet company standards
• Create concrete, piping, plumbing, etc. layout drawings that meet company standards
• Provide onsite detailing services to assist with procurement, excavation plans, pick plans, etc.
• A Bachelor of Science or higher university degree in Engineering or construction management (or equivalent experience and training/education).
• At least 3 years of relevant BIM experience
• Solid computer skills including basic operation, data management, networking etc. (2 years experience)
• Solid understanding of site surveying/tools/software (Trimble Business Center)
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
• Professional understanding of construction documents (plans, details and specifications)
• An understanding of construction methods and materials
• Proficiency with BIM/VC software applications (Bentley: Microstation, Open Plant, Inroads, Projectwise)
• A working knowledge of 3D modeling for construction (approx. 2-3 years experience)
• Working knowledge/ability to perform clash detection with Bentley Software
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top