On-call Biologist - ( 210000AP )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
You will perform program research, planning and development, permitting, compliance monitoring, inspections/enforcement, and technical support services in relation to biology. You will also write reports, develop plans, and implement steps to move projects toward closure in the most cost-effective manner.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Coordinate the natural environment component of projects and programs.
- Support project managers undertaking transmission, renewable energy, oil and gas, transportation, and other development projects.
- Assist and/or lead field work tasks, as needed, such as breeding/nesting bird surveys, vegetation community assessments, wetland delineation and classification, species at risk surveys, and construction biological monitoring.
- Independent field work is expected, but field work can also include participation in team lead efforts.
- Plan, prepare and review technical reports or portions of larger environmental assessments.
- Prepare daily monitoring and/or field reports.
- Work with business development teams to respond to Requests for Proposals including defining the scope of work, associated cost and compiling relevant sections of proposal documents.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, wildlife and vegetation assessment methodologies and best practices.
- Travel is required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training, leads by example, and applies these policies and procedures as appropriate to their work.
- Solid skills in technical writing.
- Observing and developing skills in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Able to build strong relationships with key clients with respect to their technical area and the broader business objectives in their regions.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the Business Center and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
- Good driving record and valid driver's license required.
- At least two to five years of experience successfully participating in technical aspects of small to medium projects.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Knowledge in GIS software
- Experience with driving trailers and ATV's is preferred.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, or related field.
- Minimum 2-5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
- Professional designation (Biology or R.P.Biology).
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for positions filled in our San Francisco office.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-California-Walnut Creek
Other Locations : United States-California-Sacramento, United States-California-Chico, United States-California-San Jose, United States-California-Petaluma, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-California-Redding, United States-California-Nevada City, United States-California-Fresno
Job : Biologist
Organization : BC-1857 Environmental Services-US Pacific
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Schedule : Part-time
Job Posting : Feb 9, 2021, 10:23:39 AM
Req ID: 210000AP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans