Office Manager, International Development Group
At Stantec, we approach every water and natural resource project we undertake-whether at the local, regional, or watershed level- thoughtfully, and execute it with excellence across all project phases. We partner with our clients to design fit-for-purpose solutions that address their communities' unique needs throughout the water infrastructure lifecycle. Our experts lead their fields and guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. We're a place where you can apply your passion and collaborate with top talent on work that's critical to our clients, our communities, and the industry at large.
Your Opportunity As an Office Manager, you will work in our 14 th Street Washington, D.C. office, which supports teams for international development, water delivery and management, waterpower and dams, and programs and business solutions. You will be well-organized to handle daily operations for multiple business lines and shared services. This role will be responsible for establishing and maintaining intra-office protocols and procedures, providing budgeting input and inventory control, and liaising with Stantec's functional support teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Covering reception desk and greeting clients and visitors
- Maintaining conference room reservations and coordinating with participants on related meeting needs (audio/visual, food & beverage requirements, etc.)
- Managing shared resource supplies, equipment and services including kitchen and office supplies, print management services, and IT equipment
- Setting up and regularly reviewing office vendor contracts
- Assisting with submission of expense reports, coding invoices, and AP problem-solving
- Supporting the preparation of documents, letters, presentations, reports and proposals
- Creating project folders and coordinating regularly with technical staff on document-retention; helping as needed with project management compliance and internal project audits
- Supporting other special projects as assigned
- This role will also have the responsibility of liaising with other Stantec functional support teams in accounting, health & safety, human resources, information technology and real estate. The candidate will serve as the following: The primary point of contact for the office - coordinating with property management regarding on-site vendors, COI requirements, and work requests; managing Building Engines account
- Health, safety, security and environmental coordinator - updating and implementing emergency response plan, training office on emergency evacuation procedures, and ensuring office is meeting ISO9001 safety compliance requirements
- HR support - assisting with new hire orientation and ensuring required posters are posted
- IT network coordinator - coordinating with Stantec's IT team to manage office assets, provide general network maintenance relating to users and network devices, and assisting with network troubleshooting.
- MEDAD coordinator - serving as a primary resource for managing electronic documents and directories on the server in accordance with Stantec's prescribed standards
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and people management skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Enthusiastic demeanor, collaborative approach, and solutions-oriented
- Computer proficiency with MS Office 2016 and Office 365 - strong word formatting skills and/or experience with InDesign a plus
Minimum 5 years' experience working in an administrative office setting, preferably with an architecture, engineering, or related technical focus.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top