- Houston, TX
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
In this role, you will play an integral part in the airport development program at Bush Intercontinental Airport called IRTP ( International Terminal Redevelopment Program) by reviewing plans and specifications, contract documents, and architectural and engineering details for projects. You will perform a variety of tasks requiring the application of sound principles and best practices under the guidance of a Senior Designer, Architect or a Project Manager (PM). This role is suited to a developing professional with degree in engineering, architecture or project management and five years' experience.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to Project Managers, Design Managers and Construction Managers during design and construction for new construction, renovation and expansion projects related to a new IAH Terminal Redevelopment Program (ITRP), at Bush Intercontinental Airport (project location)
- Process design submittals, additional services requests, shop drawing submittals, change orders, record documents, etc. for Project or Design Managers
- During the design process, collaborate with design consultants, contractors and project stakeholders; coordinate and track design review comments to closure on design submittal documentation; administer the request for information (technical query) process, document decisions and support close-out of action items and issues through the document management system
- During construction, coordinate resolution of technical construction issues among the program management team, administer the program management team's review of contractor's submittals, and coordinate reports and documentation from site inspections and quality assurance reviews
- Arrange, attend and document minutes of project meetings, as requested.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- General understanding of accessibility codes, life-safety codes, building construction systems, means and methods, materials, and industry associated standards
- Capable of simultaneously supporting multiple Project Mangers on multiple projects
- Ability to recoginze when technical problems are developing an initiate appropriate corrective actions using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation, within the appropriate scope of responsibility
- Manages multiple deadlines and priorities
- Ability to participate and collborate in project team setting, engage in creative and critical thought, and effectively communicate ideas, design issues and solutions to others
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity with BlueBeam, Revit, AutoCAD, and SketchUP
- Current driver's license, and clean driving record. Ability to obtain airport security badge, and passing required security background check is required
- Ability to work shift hours for possible airport night work, monitor outage, and project coordination
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other related field
- Experience in airports and aviation projects is highly desirable. Past projects on airports will be preferable, also DOT, building, public facilities and other similar projects will be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field performing
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Intern Architect
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000MI
Back to top