NRDA Senior Scientist
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Environmental Services practice seeks a Senior Consultant to help manage and grow our NRDA Program. This position requires an individual with extensive experience in leading NRDA projects and the demonstrated ability to organize and grow emerging business sectors. Your Key Responsibilities
- The successful professional will have a strong academic background and at least 10 years of scientific or engineering experience in a discipline pertinent to the NRDA process for either hazardous waste releases or, preferably, oil spills.
- These disciplines should include environmental chemistry, ecotoxicology, risk assessment, ecological restoration, numerical modeling of contaminant transport, fate, and effects or modeling of populations or ecosystems to assess impacts.
- A Master of Science degree in a pertinent natural science is required, but education to the Ph.D. level in a natural science is preferred.
- Specific research experience in leading multi-disciplinary, multi-organizational NRDA projects is required.
- The individual needs pertinent technical and peer-reviewed scientific publications/reports and must be a seasoned project or, preferably, program manager.
- Candidates must have superb oral and written communication skills suitable to both scientific and informed general audiences and the ability to develop, propose, and close on NRDA projects for government and industrial clients.
- The individual must the ability to provide expert testimony in an NRDA or similar judicial proceeding or be sufficiently qualified to serve as an expert witness in such proceedings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials The ideal candidate should be able to successfully collaborate with a diverse team and have the ability to develop and lead new business. Adaptability and attention to detail are necessary. Candidates should have experience with several of the following areas:
- Environmental Chemistry
- Chemical Analysis of Pollutants
- Environmental Forensics or Forensic Science
- Limnology, Hydrology, and Oceanography
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Statistical Study Design and Analysis
- Spatial (GIS) Analysis and Visualization
- Contaminant transport and fate modelling
- Population dynamics modeling
- Ecosystem modeling
- Critical Habitat Analysis
- Habitat Equivalency Assessment
- Remediation and Bioremediation
- Phytoremediation and Enhanced Phytoremediation
- Environmental and Ecological Restoration
- Aquatic science
- Avian biology
- Experience building and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills; work ethic, attention to detail, and a desire for team success
- Qualified to serve as an expert witness
- Project and program management experience
10 years of professional environmental consulting experience
Demonstrated success in developing new business and program building in emerging markets
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top