3,000 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking a Noise Specialist in the Environmental Services Practice to be based out of our Thousand Oaks Office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of technical environmental noise consulting experience for a wide range of land uses and activities including but not limited to transportation infrastructure, power generation, mining, aviation, and water/wastewater.
The primary duties of this role are to:
- Lead the preparation of technical noise studies, noise sections of CEQA/NEPA documents and noise elements of General Plans.
- Support Stantec's Industrial Hygiene Practice on projects involving noise related factors.
- Participation in client and/or agency project meetings related to addressing noise.
- Prepare proposals for technical noise services.
- Interface with representatives of other Stantec Practices to facilitate cross selling of services.
- Supervise and/or mentor technical staff.
- Promote a strong health and safety culture.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with environmental noise consulting.
- A bachelor's degree in acoustics, engineering, physics or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Fundamental understanding of noise, characteristics of sound, and noise regulatory guidelines.
- Working knowledge of noise models such as Computer Aided Noise Abatement, Environmental Noise Mode, Federal Highway Administration Traffic Noise Model/Noise Prediction Model, Federal Aviation Administration Aviation Environmental Design Tool and/or SoundPlan.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and ArcMap GIS.
- Ability to develop and implement technically adequate and defensible scopes of work for conducting environmental noise impact analyses for a wide range of project types and activities.
- Detailed understanding of noise control measures, common reductions achieved and ability to identify solutions to meet noise related project challenges/constraints.
- Excellent analytic and communication skills, both written and verbal. Public speaking skills are desirable.
- An ability to manage several noise studies simultaneously is essential.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 certification required or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment, this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 5
Discipline Environmental Services
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top