New York Regional Director, Program and Project Management
We're in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and implement projects that help them achieve their organization's objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors - hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Your Opportunity Stantec is seeking a Regional Director - Program and Project Management for the New York/ Tri-State area.
As the Regional Director for Program and Project Management, you will utilize your skills as a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills, to continue to grow P&PM in the Tri-State region through an existing network of clients, peer relationships and collaboration within Stantec. You will oversee a diverse work force to ensure success in this great opportunity. Direct reports to this position would include project managers with the Tri-State Region plus other operational staff as required.
You will also be charged with growing a team and winning new clients, while growing your team's portfolio. It is essential for you to utilize your leadership skills with experience in managing team relationships across a number of locations and disciplines. You will communicate with and lead your team through demonstrated commitment and collaboration.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Win Program and Project Management assignments in Buildings Sector
- Manage business processes for Programs (e.g. strategic planning, Go-No Go, contract reviews, financial management and reporting) in coordination with the PBS Programs Business Leaders.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the NY PBS Buildings Programs staff.
- Help solve any commercial/client problems.
- Provide Management and Financial oversight for the PBS Buildings Program business in the Tri-State Region
- Focus on managing program activities, expectations and risk while leading, supporting and/or advising clients throughout all stages of the project life cycle.
- Ensure success through a comprehensive development work plan which outlines the required activities, approvals and contingencies is necessary to ensure success.
- Develop longstanding relationships with our clients, project teams and regulatory agencies to foster a level of trust and respect unmatched in the industry.
- Using cutting edge project planning and management technology to help solve capital project challenges through the use of formal strategic and program/project management processes.
- Recruit, develop, and retain key staff to serve in leadership roles while winning and delivering work.
- Ensure staff are following all company requirements for Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
- Serve as a mentor/coach to allow staff to grow their own capabilities to help better leverage Stantec's experiences to existing and new clients.
- Perform market analysis and identify potential program management opportunities.
- Build Stantec brand as preeminent provider of program management services in the region.
- Support other Stantec operations in the region to help win and deliver work.
- Actively participate in local conferences and professional organizations, as appropriate.
- Strong Collaborator and Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills that can expand our Program and Project Management business within the Tri-State area
- Excellent client relationship and communication skills
- Team player with experience building, leading and managing a team of project managers and support staff
- Ability and experience in preparing overall project budgets inclusive of construction, FF&E, fees, development costs, and contingencies.
- Ability and experience in preparing overall project schedules including land development, design, construction, inspection, and occupancy phases
- Ability to lead the development of staff, tools and systems that support the growth of the Program and Project Management group.
- Forward, strategic thinking individual who can grow and maintain the New York Program and Project Management Practice
15+ years of experience in Owner's Representative/Project Management in the design and construction field.
10+ years of local and recent NYC Experience
Significant experience in Higher Education, Healthcare, and commercial programs/projects
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top