Network Engineer - IT (Network Specialist) - ( 210000DK )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 350 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
We are currently looking for a Network Administrator primarily focused on datacenter environment and enterprise infrastructure.
You are inventive and passionate about technologies, enjoy working with others in a respectful and knowledge-sharing workplace environment. You must be resourceful, analytical in solving problems, and an effective communicator.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Configure, maintain, and upgrade network devices including firewalls, load-balancers, routers, and switches.
- Build and maintain virtual network infrastructure in the Azure cloud.
- Work with the application and server teams to implement solutions to support business requirements.
- Monitor network availability and performance. Review alerts and notifications from monitoring systems and diagnose issues.
- Perform timely response and technical support to all incidents, requests, outages, and alerts.
- Analyze technical and operational problems. Work with internal technical teams and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
- Optimize the network to meet performance, capacity, and security requirements.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans. Implement network solutions in the enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain the documentation to ensure changing requirements and technologies are captured and communicated.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Assist in capacity planning, networking devices procurement and support renewal.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide support for network related issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong foundation of networking concepts, including layer 4-7 firewalls, IPSec and SSL VPNs, routing, switching, and load balancers.
- Understanding of general IT concepts and technologies including cloud computing, virtualization, server platforms, and security.
- Significant experience in deploying and troubleshooting large scale, complex enterprise networks.
- Extensive experience with configuration of security appliances, switches, routers, etc. (Palo Alto, F5 and Juniper products).
- Experience with Microsoft Azure virtual network infrastructure.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple escalated support incidents under tight timelines.
- Highly collaborative; able to work with other team members to ensure system integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Proactively identify gaps and risks, address the potential problem before it occurs.
- Good organizational and logical thinking skills.
- Strong documentation skills with detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Linux and network automation scripting experience are an asset.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in Network Administration or related field.
- 7 years of related work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your
Primary Location : United States-Illinois-Chicago
Other Locations : United States-Texas-Plano, United States-Texas-San Antonio, United States-New Mexico-Roswell, United States-Maine-Portland, United States-Michigan-Farmington Hills, United States-Colorado-Colorado Springs, United States-Virginia-Fairfax, United States-Arizona-Chandler, United States-Louisiana-Baton Rouge, United States-Nevada-Las Vegas, United States-Colorado-Fort Collins, United States-Texas-Dallas, United States-Wyoming-Sheridan, United States-Illinois-Lombard, United States-North Dakota-Fargo, United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, United States-Wyoming-Cheyenne, United States-Florida, United States-Ohio-Cleveland, United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis, United States-New York-Albany, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Alaska-Fairbanks, United States-Texas-Austin, United States-Texas-Houston, United States-North Carolina-Asheville, United States-Minnesota-Golden Valley, United States-Colorado-Denver, United States-Utah-Salt Lake City, United States-Texas-Fort Worth, United States-Minnesota-Maple Plain, United States-Louisiana-New Orleans, United States-Minnesota-Woodbury, United States-Rhode Island-Providence, United States-Massachusetts-Burlington, United States-Georgia-Alpharetta, United States-New Mexico-Silver City
Job : Network Administration
Organization : BC-1973 IT Services-Corporate-US
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 7, 2021, 11:10:58 AM
Req ID: 210000DK
Vaccine Policy: Beginning December 8, 2021, Stantec requires North America employees in many positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 except those for whom a reasonable accommodation has been granted because a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, as required by law.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans