Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 22,000 employees in over 400 locations worldwide. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Information Technology Services.
We are currently looking for a Network Administrator primarily focused on datacenter environment and enterprise infrastructure.
You are inventive and passionate about technologies, enjoy working with others in a respectful and knowledge-sharing workplace environment. You must be resourceful, analytical in solving problems, and an effective communicator.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade network devices, including but not limited to firewalls, load-balancers, switches.
- Monitor network availability and performance. Review alerts and notifications from monitoring systems and diagnose issues.
- Perform timely response and technical support to all incidents, requests, outages, and alerts.
- Analyze technical and operational problems. Work with internal technical teams and/or vendor representatives to resolve problems.
- Optimize the network to meet performance, capacity, and security requirements.
- Recommend, schedule and perform network improvements, upgrades and repairs.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans. Implement network solutions in the enterprise environment.
- Develop and maintain the documentation to ensure changing requirements and technologies are captured and communicated.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols and standards in support of development efforts.
- Assist in capacity planning, networking devices procurement and support renewal.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to provide support for network related issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong foundation of networking concepts, including layer 4-7 firewalls, IPSec and SSL VPNs, routing, switching and load balancers.
- Understanding of general IT concepts and technologies including cloud computing, virtualization, server platforms, and security.
- Significant experience in deploying and troubleshooting large scale, complex enterprise networks.
- Extensive experience with configuration of security appliances, switches, routers, etc. (Palo Alto, F5 and Juniper products).
- Experience with RADIUS, LDAP and DNS.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple escalated support incidents under tight timelines.
- Proactively identify gaps and risks, address the potential problem before it occurs.
- Good organizational and logical thinking skills.
- Strong documentation skills with detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Embraces a collaborative culture.
- Linux and network automation scripting experience are an asset.
Education and Experience
Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Network Administration or related field. 7 years of related experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting. May require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Network Administration
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 190003CZ
Back to top