Your Opportunity: We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
We are looking for a corporate Network Administrator to provide technical expertise and support for the corporate network environment at our headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta. This individual will be responsible for working with our network architect and the network team to provide direction, coordination and technical support for our overall corporate network environment. This person is also expected to provide mentoring for our network team members.
- Assist in the evaluation of network technologies and architectures as required to support Stantec's network needs.
- Interface with management and vendors to develop and implement new solutions to meet business requirements.
- Coordinate and manage the roll-out of critical network infrastructure enhancements to support Stantec's network.
- Perform analytical, technical, cost analysis and development work in the planning, design, installation and on-going administration and management of Stantec's network.
- Provide knowledge, guidelines, forward thinking and technical leadership to the network team
- Provide technical assistance and expertise as required by other teams within the organization
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Hands-on Data Center experience and technical knowledge of network systems for LAN and WAN
- Technical knowledge of network protocols and standards such as: Ethernet, LACP, TCP/IP, OSPF, QoS, VoIP, RADIUS, LDAP, VRRP, HSRP, STP, IPSec/IKE, DNS, NTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP, FTPS, SSH/SCP
- Candidate must have knowledge of the following protocols: Spanning Tree, 802.1X, BGP
- Hands-on experience with routing and switching of multiple VLANs (Juniper is preferred)
- Experience in network security (i.e., firewalls and intrusion prevention systems)
- Experience with High Availability systems (HA)
- Experience with F5 (LTM and APM would be desired)
- Hardware, software, and network analysis (i.e. Wireshark, NetFlow) and excellent problem solving skills
- Doing packet captures and reading traces
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience or certification with any of the following vendors would be an asset: Juniper, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Solarwinds
- Linux and/or Perl experience desired
- CISCO certifications are desired. (CCNP, CCDP, CCIE, CCDE or CCAr)
- Minimum of 7 years of corporate network related work experience
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic individual who is able to think outside of the box, has excellent communication skills and a desire to drive their career towards success.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top