Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Environmental Services team is looking for a mid- to senior level NEPA practitioner and project manager with at least 8 years of experience preparing environmental documents pursuant to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). The office locations for this position include:
Bellevue, WA, Portland, OR, and the following California offices: Redding, Chico, Petaluma, San Francisco, San Jose, Walnut Creek, Sacramento, Rocklin and Nevada City .The primary duty of this role is to manage multiple planning and permitting projects for a wide range of government and non-government environmental clients across diverse geographic locations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Guide the NEPA planning process and oversee all aspects of a project, including client contact, budget control and invoicing, schedule, personnel allocation/planning, public interest facilitation, technical approach, and subcontractor involvement
- Working understanding and interrelation of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for California positions and working understanding and interrelation of the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) for Washington positions
- Coordinate with clients, regulatory/resource agencies, local governments
- Manage technical studies and ecological resource assessments such as traffic analyses, air & noise analyses, socio-economic analyses, wetland delineations, habitat assessments, and other natural resource surveys
- Perform research, conduct environmental analyses (field and desktop), develop recommendations, and prepare technical reports under NEPA and CEQA (for California positions) and SEPA (for Washington positions)
- Prepare NEPA documentation including environmental impact statements (EISs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), Categorical Exclusions (CEs)
- Provide quality assurance and quality control for all final products to ensure technical accurateness and regulatory compliance
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and other marketing endeavors
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of technical environmental impact analysis methods and sound knowledge of NEPA and CEQA (for California positions) and SEPA (for Washington positions) requirements and related environmental regulations
- Team oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with experience either presenting at public workshops and/or facilitating meetings with regulatory/resource agencies
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple planning projects and ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment
- Must demonstrate an ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of project and client needs
- Must have the ability to work in the field if necessary for long hours in all weather conditions
- Must be able to travel as needed for project assignments
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license
Eight or more years of experience performing analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations for various types of clients
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top