As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Acting as the Stantec representative, the Pipeline Inspector - NDT will monitor the GCC/EPC construction activities to ensure that the technical requirements of the project are achieved. The Pipeline Inspector - NDT is responsible for the Inspection, Measurement and Monitoring (IMM) of GCC/EPC pipeline construction activities to ensure conformance with the applicable drawings, specifications, conditions, commitments, work plans and procedures. The Pipeline Inspector - NDT is responsible for monitoring in-process non-destructive testing and reviewing radiographs, UT scan data, and non-destructive test reports generated by the NDT Contractor. The Pipeline Inspector - NDT is responsible to ensure quality assurance in accordance with the NDT Contractor Inspection and Test Plan and the TMEP Quality Management Plan in the performance of the work. The position will provide daily reports of NDT testing activities, progress and issues. The position requires awareness, understanding and enforcement of the Stantec/TMEP Safety, Security, and Environmental requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Review construction drawings, specifications, conditions, commitments, work plans and procedures
- Participate in NDT daily meetings including daily job hazard assessments
- Complete daily report on NDT activities, progress, and issues
- Verification of daily LEMS for NDT Contractor and crews
- Management and coordination of NDT work activities and crew assignments with the GCC/EPC to
- support construction requirements
- Verification that the NDT Contractor is working to approved NDT procedures
- Verification that non-destructive testing personnel are certified in accordance with CAN/CGSB
- 48.9712 or SNT-TC-1A as applicable including validation of certification
- Progressively assess the competency of non-destructive testing personnel
- Performing in-process inspections and audits of non-destructive testing activities
- Monitor the calibrating of NDT equipment in accordance with written practices
- Review of radiographic film and UT scan data for conformance to applicable technique requirements
- of ASME BPVC Sec. V or CSA Z662 as applicable
- Review of radiographic film and UT scan data to assure that welds deemed acceptable by nondestructive
- Review of non-destructive test reports are accurate, complete, and signed off by the appropriate
- non-destructive testing personnel
- Ensure that the non-destructive testing reports, radiographs, and UT scan data is organized in an
- Ensure that rejected work is repaired or replaced through tracking of repairs and cut outs
Education and Experience
- 10 Years industrial and/or pipeline construction experience in a pipeline inspection role and
- CAN/CGSB 48.9712 Certified RT2E or UT2E as applicable (Minimum Level 2)
- API 1169 Pipeline Construction Inspector Certification (For Pipelines Only)
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002DN
Back to top