Natural Resources Manager
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a Natural Resources Manager. This position will ideally be located in our Overland Park, KS office. Specifically, we are seeking an individual to:
- Grow and assist in leading our Midwest Environmental Services Program with a focus on US energy (oil and gas, electric transmission and distribution) and/or transportation (highways, bridges, and railroad) sector clients.
- Provide leadership and project management on a wide variety of environmental planning and permitting projects for energy, government, and private sector clients throughout the US, with particular focus on Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and the Midwest.
- Hire, train, develop, mentor, and retain junior staff as we grow our client base and workload.
- Assist in building our FERC permitting staff, capabilities, and program in the US.
- Assist in building our NEPA permitting staff, capabilities, and program in the US.
- Participate and sometimes lead marketing and business development activities on a local, state, and regional level.
- Sustain & grow regional and national clients & key accounts in United States, with a focus on environmental services.
- Within the Midwest Region, identify and win large transportation related environmental permitting projects, programs and opportunities while leveraging Stantec relationships for ES with existing Federal, State, and private sector clients.
- Assist with expanding the entire range of Stantec services in the Midwest and champion an integrated services approach.
- Build, grow and develop a team of high performers; recruit & retain specialist staff within the practice.
- Develop in-house Sector expertise, best practices, and research & development initiatives.
- Actively participate in regional and national industry groups to advance the Stantec brand within the Transportation Sector.
- Be responsible for the Transportation Sector Marketing & Business Development Plan (M&BD) regarding environmental permitting, with inputs from other members of the environmental services team.
- Identify trends and develop a long-term view of the industry, market and client base
- Assist in the growth of ES by establishing new service areas
- Anticipate medium and long term client needs and industry dynamics
- Innovate and enhance ES's Transportation capabilities, geographic foot print and integrated approach
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors degree in an environmental, natural resource, engineering or related fields with a masters degree preferred.
- Possess 10 or more years' experience performing analysis, consulting, and providing recommendations with a focus on energy clients and/or transportation projects.
- Demonstrated experience with State Public Utilities Commissions, and various other state and federal agencies including State Departments of Natural Resources and Environmental Quality, US Forest service, US Fish and Wildlife Service, US Army Corps of Engineers, USEPA, National Park Service, and Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
- Demonstrated experience with environmental permitting of liquids petroleum and natural gas pipelines, and/or transportation infrastructure..
- Demonstrated experience with FERC, USACE, USFWS, and DOTs on NEPA requirements and processes, mitigation measures, and related implementation means.
- Basic knowledge of cultural resources and experience with NPS, DOI, State Historic Preservation Offices, BIA, and Tribal Historic Preservation Offices
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance sometimes heavy workloads to achieve goals while keeping up with a highly mobile and changing environment.
- Team player with demonstrated ability to work well with others, to keep other team members aware of project and client needs.
- Demonstrated experience balancing and organizing multiple projects, reviewing and documenting project progress, developing communication plans, and reviewing and updating scope and progress for projects.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs.
- Must have ability and desire to travel throughout the US for project work and business development activities.
- Demonstrated ability to validate and accurately analyze information, and make sound decisions that have considerable business impact.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with clients, peers, management, and vendors to successfully meet shifting needs.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate self and others to overcome obstacles and achieve goals.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of GIS a plus.
- Must demonstrate the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- The selected candidate will need to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top